Sunday, December 6, 2009

At the risk of sounding like a girl...

This week has been a blur with work and everything. Literally, I didn't even pay attention to hockey this past week. That's how you know I've been stressed and busy because that never happens. Okay, I didn't totally ignore hockey. I only watched maybe 5 games this week and I only attended 1 though. That's a really low number for this point in the season so it's been a light week for me and I feel a little lost because of it.

Because of this, I've had a hell of a time thinking of who should be HBOTW. I've had several ideas of the past few days but tonight, inspiration struck. Brendan Shanahan!

Photobucket
He looks so happy! And he has awesome freaking teeth, just like Brock Wilson.

When I first starting watching hockey, my first favorite player was Brendan Shanahan. I had a Shanny poster above my bed when I was younger. (I believe that poster is in my basement right now. Yep, I still have it. It's a little faded and a little torn up. It's been with me in my old house, my new house, my college dorm, everywhere.)

Photobucket
It makes me really happy that you can still buy this online. And it makes me realize that my poster is basically 13 years old. And it really weirds me out that I'm old enough to have things that I clearly remember buying that are 13 years old. That was more than half my life ago. I have owned my Brendan Shanahan poster for more than half of the time that I've been alive. Whoa.

I don't know why I immediately loved him, aside from the rugged good looks and hilarious interviews. Heh.


I was reminded of this interview by my good friend Kyle Rossi who has his own blog. Read it.

I just love this guy. I don't have a lot to say about that. I just do.

Photobucket
Awwwww, just a young Canadian boy.

Photobucket
Scoring goals, being awesome...

Photobucket
Winning Cups...

Photobucket
Dressing up, looking hot...

Photobucket
::drool::

Shanny announced his retirement a few weeks ago and I might have cried a little. I still held out hope that he would find somewhere to play for this season since he left New Jersey in such a strange way at the beginning of the season. So, I wasn't surprised whatsoever when it was announced a few days ago that Shanny will be the VP of Hockey and Development for the NHL and I'm very happy for him. Maybe it means we'll see more of him walking around in suits. Yum.

Photobucket
You didn't think I would pass up a chance to show a picture of a Whalers jersey, did you?


I will also take any opportunity to show this too. The leap at 1:46 always makes me happy.

Sooooooooo I am completely open to suggestions for the upcoming week's HBOTW. I have a habit of only searching my memory for hot guys that have played for teams that I enjoy watching. Therefore, I never really think about people that play for the Ducks or the Habs or the Southeast division... so yes, requests. They don't even have to be Canadian :)

4 comments:

  1. Shanny is freaking awesome. I love that guy! And I have a Kenny Wregget poster that is almost half as old as I am. It weirds me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest interview I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his pearly whites!!!

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I suggest Sergei Federov for an upcoming HBOTW!! :) You gotta love those Russians!

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete