Thursday, December 10, 2009

At the risk of sounding like a girl...

Here's the scene: It was 6 p.m. I was just home from work and still couldn't think of anyone for HBOTW today. I asked my mom, who has never seen this site mind you, to name a hot hockey player. Her first answer? "Well, Hank. Duh." I told her I'd already done that. I also told her that I try not to be too Red Wings-centric, as hard as that is sometimes. Her second answer? "Vinny Lecavalier. Tampa Bay Lightning." WHAT? Where did that come from, mama? I just laughed and told her that maybe she should name a top 3 of hockey players and I would figure it out. Before she could do this, I yelled, "LUKE SCHENN! NEVERMIND!" and walked upstairs. Inspiration struck. He's having a good week. There's a Leafs game tonight and I'm wearing a Leafs tshirt right now (granted, it's a Kessel and not a Schenn but still). It just seems appropriate. I give you, Luke Schenn.

Photobucket

Perhaps you're not convinced. Maybe this will help.

Photobucket

Yeah, that's what I thought. And actually, I think I've pinpointed exactly what I like about him too. See, recently I've become very aware of what types of guys I'm attracted too, most likely because I write about hot boys once or twice a week. Luke Schenn does not fit this profile at all. He is neither scruffy nor does he have a fauxhawk. (Seriously, what is wrong with me?) The thing that he has going for him is his similarity to my teenage crush, Eric von Detten. Come on, you know you watched Brink and you enjoyed it too because it was a quality Disney original movie.

Photobucket Photobucket
Seriously, so adorable. And Brink is a good movie. Shut up.

So he definitely started off the season slowly but recently, I've been much happier with him. I also enjoy when he does things like this.

Photobucket

He looks disheveled and I like that.

Photobucket

He looks nervous and I don't like that. But he does look good in blue.

Photobucket

He looks most comfortable when being interviewed. I need to find a way and reason to interview him.

Photobucket

So now, with all of the information, take another look at this. Feeling a little bit different about him yet?

Photobucket
It's like he's staring into your soul. Heh.

For more Luke Schenn loveliness, check out Wrap Around Curl. Actually, you should probably just check it out anyways because it's high quality over there.

1 comment:

  1. he totally does look like erik von detton! I wonder if I still have the movie Brink on tape...

    ReplyDelete