Thursday, December 17, 2009

At the risk of sounding like a girl...

This is going to be quite rushed since I'm at work and I'm technically supposed to be doing stuff, like work. Here's the thing though: the office Christmas party is tonight. There's lots of food and cookies and treats all around. No one is focused. All of the people in charge are out to a long lunch. So why am I being asked to focus and be productive? I'm not quite sure but I know I'm failing at it. Since tonight is the Christmas Movie Marathon with my lovelies, I will not be near a computer until sometime tomorrow so this HBOTW needed to be written NOW.

Sometime last week, I was perusing ECHL rosters and I honestly can't even remember why. I think I was trying to look something up about the Elmira Jackals. Regardless, I came across a goalie named Jordan Parise. Yes, Zach Parise's brother. I assumed younger brother since Zach is in the NHL and Jordan is, well, not. I thought to myself, "Both of these brothers are kinda adorable," so they have been selected as this week's HBOTW! I present to you Zach and Jordan Parise!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

So Zach is on the left and he's pretty adorable. He plays for the New Jersey Devils. He plays left wing. Born in 1984. Oh, very importantly, before SB has to go look it up, they are Americans. From Minnesota, in fact. So Jordan is on the right. He is currently playing for the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL (one of my LEAST favorite ECHL teams. Who am I kidding? I don't like any of them other than the Walleye). He's a goalie. Born in 1982. Again, American-born.

Photobucket
European jerseys are so silly looking.

Photobucket
I suppose because I found this picture on some European website and I could not read the language (it wasn't French or basic Italian so I was lost), I can't be 100% sure if this is even a picture of Jordan Parise. But isn't it a nice picture? I like the angle and the lights.

Photobucket
I love this picture.

Photobucket

I think there's something fitting about the fact that he plays for NJ. You see, sometimes when I see his hair, I'm reminded of something like this. Seriously, check this out because it cracked me up. Zach is a little bit pale for the whole Jersey Shore look but that's why God invented tanning beds, right?

Ummm, so next Thursday is Christmas Eve and I won't be around a computer at all. I'll be driving to Dayton for dinner with some of the fam so I suppose HBOTW is officially on holiday break... unless I get inspired and come up with some great idea but what are the chances of that, right? Any ideas? Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Okay I think Jordan is way cuter than his brother Zach. I mean come on this is hockey. Zach has too much of the pretty boy look. Hockey hotties definately require a rugged look!

    ReplyDelete