Thursday, November 12, 2009

At the risk of sounding like a girl...

With the Red Wings having games on back to back nights and all the drama drama drama at work today, I completely forgot it was Thursday. I received a helpful text to remind me that I needed to provide a hockey fix.

Today, I would like to apologize for not being proactive in posting and not remembering when it's Thursday for two consecutive weeks. Also, I would like to feature players that might be somewhat controversial in their "hotness" level. I love hockey and I love watching these guys so I find these guys attractive but I do realize that they may not be seen at the same level as my previous choices. It's like the guy that is so much cuter when you get to know him. That's how you will feel them.

...Oh wait, did I say them? Guys? Like, plural?

Yeah, I did. Two of 'em today. Two Leafs, might I add. So without further explanation or prefacing, I bring you your hockey boys of the week: Mikhail Grobovski and Alexei Ponikarovsky!

Photobucket Photobucket
Grabbo! Poni!

So you're probably saying to yourself, 'Ehhh, they're okay. They're not terrible but they're nothing to write home about.' And now I will convince you to love them.

First of all, some facts:
Mikhail Grabovski has a lot of beautiful blond hair. He is 25 and is Belorussian. (I know you're wondering where that is and you're right, it's kinda by Russia.) There aren't a whole lot of stories about him. He was suspended last season for shoving a ref because he wanted to fight this other dude (Kostitsyn, punkass). Not a huge deal.

Photobucket
Told ya Kostitsyn looked like a punkass. This is the only time he'll only be featured on HBOTW. That's for sure.

Photobucket
Look at that little half smile! Tres adorable!

Photobucket
Quality goal celebration.

Photobucket
And who knows what this is all about? I just Google Image Search.
Is that a black sheep? Some scary bear? WHAT IS THAT?

Now, let's talk about Poni. Alexei Ponikarovsky is Ukrainian and he's 29 years old. But he's also CANADIAN as of 2007 because he's that cool. (God, I really need to explain that, eh?) Oh look, Poni has his own website with pictures of him as a child...

Photobucket
Precious little USSR child... and I don't even like kids!

Photobucket

Photobucket
No one gets excited about empty netters.

Photobucket
#KyleWellwoodIsSoFat that Poni can't get his arms around him.

Those pictures were all well and good but if you're looking for something more... delicious. Here.

Photobucket
Look at that flowing hair. It's mesmerizing.

Photobucket
He's carrying Tim Hortons? A man after my own heart.

Both pictures are from The Handsome Man's Guide To Life which I highly recommend. This particular entry that I've linked to has lots of hockey men wearing suits so seriously, click on it. And don't forget to read the commentary because I was laughing so hard I was crying at the Jason Blake comment. For reals.

I promise promise promise to explain the Canadian thing this week. Someone hold me to that. Text me. Tweet me. (Is that the verb?) Throw something at me at work. Do something to remind me because I know I'll forget in like 10 minutes.

Finally, no post about Mikhail Grabovski would be complete without this picture, but I warn you now, I have no explanation for it so interpret it as you wish.

Photobucket

So, your opinion? Love Grabbo and Poni? Just one? You think I'm insane? Any requests? I fixed the comments so you don't have to sign in for anything so just let me know, kids!

5 comments:

  1. He is totally going about carving that pineapple in the wrong way... however, the fact that he is even carving a pineapple in the first place kind of makes him more attractive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black sheep is a "buffalo hat". There's a guy who has a huge gallery of that hat with various NHLers. If I can find the link, I'll send it in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found buffalo hat guy! He is an internet hero: http://picasaweb.google.com/TuqueBison/Hockey#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I figured there was some kind of explanation. I spent about 40 minutes going through all of those pictures and they were pretty much amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with shemegan... he's going to hurt himself with that knife. On the hottie front, however, I'd say not bad!

    ReplyDelete