Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh Captain, My Captain

Sooooooo, this week is Senior Citizen Semaine. No, these guys are not senior citizens by any means but they're definitely older than most guys that I would consider to be attractive. So the rules to qualify for this week are as follows:
-Is said player hot?
-Is said player old enough to have theoretically biologically been my father?
-Would I marry said player anyway, despite the ridiculous age difference?
That's it. Beautiful older men.

There's no better way to start the Senior Citizen Semaine (Good Lord, do I love alliteration and terrible french translations!) than with The Captain, Steve Yzerman.

Photobucket

Facts
1) Steve Yzerman is hot.
2) Steve Yzerman was born in May of 1965. Therefore, he was almost 20 years old when I was born. He is old enough to be my father.
3) I heart Steve Yzerman.
4) Steve Yzerman is Canadian. Don't ask why this matters because this will eventually be revealed to you in the future and I will convince you as to why Canadian men are so important. Just trust me for now. That is a blog for another day, like sometime over the weekend or next week.

Here are some obligatory awesome pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Adorable rookie!

Photobucket


And here's a picture I took on Steve Yzerman Retirement Night...

Photobucket
clicky for full size

And this is my favorite picture that I've ever taken, while 19 was being raised to the rafters...

Photobucket
clicky for full size

Yzerman is pretty much the perfect guy. He was tough when he needed to be but mostly led by example. He's soft-spoken and intelligent. He thinks before he speaks (a fatal flaw of mine so I appreciate this trait in others). He's Canadian (Again, I can't stress this enough). He is one of the top 10 greatest hockey players of all time (Another list for another day...). He single-handedly took the 70s and 80s Red Wings and turned them into the championship team of the 90s to the present. Quite simply, he's amazing and no amount of words will be able to express this.

Edit: I forgot to add my favorite Steve Yzerman picture of all time. Look how Canadian he is!!!!!

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment